USEFUL LOCAL LINKS
In Sonoma Valley or Santa Rosa for a while?
Wondering what to do after your fantastic wine tour?
Here are a few ideas to get you started!
Looking for a great place to stay?
- The Chauvet, located in Glen Ellen may be Sonoma wine country's most unique lodging experience. Beautifully appointed 3 bedroom 2 bath condominiums in an historic setting.
- The Honor Mansion is a resort inn with thirteen unique luxurious rooms spread over four acres, and has been awarded the prestigious honor of being a AAA four diamond property for 13 consecutive years.
- Alexandra's Plaza Suite is a wonderful guesthouse, located one block off the Historic Sonoma Plaza
- Sonoma Orchid Inn in Guerneville is an elegant, cozy Bed and Breakfast nestled on a woodsy hillside above the Russian River
- Old Crocker Inn Secluded in the hills above Alexander Valley, one of the great California wine regions, the inn offers eight guest rooms, full breakfasts, massage service and a swimming pool
- Casa Carolina Decorated with your comfort and style in mind, this charming B&B features an eclectic collection of art and antiques from Italy, Guatemala, and Sonoma County.
- Haydon Street Inn A charming Queen Anne Victorian inn located near downtown Healdsburg, the heart of Sonoma County's premier wine country!
- Applewood Inn Located near Guerneville, California in Sonoma County's Russian River Valley, the Applewood Inn Bed & Breakfast is a romantic get away on a knoll in the shelter of towering redwoods.
- Olea Hotel is a small boutique hotel with unique amenities, modern guest rooms, and an exceptional breakfast experience.
- Russian River Inns Romantic Bed and Breakfast Inns, Cottages and small Boutique Hotels located in the Sonoma Wine Country, Russian River Recreation area, the only Sonoma County wine appellation with Vineyards, towering ancient Redwoods and a Pacific Ocean Coast.
- The Sheraton Sonoma features a resort-like setting in the middle of a wildlife refuge with close proximity to California's Wine Country and downtown Petaluma.
- The Double Tree Hotel is ideally located in the heart of Sonoma County, the hotel is near Santa Rosa and Petaluma and less than an hourís drive from Napa and San Francisco.
- Rocker Oytsterfeller's Possibly one of the finest restaurants in Sonoma County! Free live music every Sunday, nestled on the coast in Valley Ford.
- Applewood Restaurant Fine cuisine among the redwoods, French influences with California sensibilities.
- Underwood For a special treat that's off the beaten path... but first you have to find Graton!
- Hiro's Japanese Restaurant Petaluma might have the best sushi this side of the pacific..
- Starlight Wine Bar in Sebastopol, built into a restored Pullman dining car, serves Cajun inspired cuisine in a cozy retro atmosphere!
- Risibisi Petaluma's finest example of modern Italian cuisine, served in an incredibly warm atmosphere by the friendly owners.
- Sheana Davis & The Epicurean Connection A fourth generation Sonoma Valley native, Sheana Davis independently owns and operates The Epicurean Connection, a culinary marketing and education company focused on sustainable top-quality cheeses, brewing, and wine making
- Looking for some Java?
One of the best cups of coffee in all of Sonoma can arguably be had at the BUS STOP COFFEEat 4th & C in Petaluma. In Healdsburg or Santa Rosa the FLYING GOAT does a great job as well.
Other cool things to do in Sonoma County
- Wine Country Bikes offers Bike Tours and Bicycle Rentals in the Sonoma Wine Country of Healdsburg, CA. Road bikes, tandem and hybrid tours, from casual winery tours to epic adventures--see Sonoma as never before!
- Hot air balloon rides with Up & Away Hot Air Ballooning! Possibly one of the greatest things you could do while is Sonoma County is see the world from a balloon.
- Sonoma Helicopter in Santa Rosa provides tours and instruction. In a word, INCREDIBLE!
- Vintage Aircraft Company Open cockpit biplane rides!
- Schulz Museum A veritable Peanut Gallery
- Pacific Coast Air Museum A great collection of working historical aircraft
- For things to do and other wineries to visit in the area, check out Russian River Wine Road.
Want to experience more of the wine country?
- California Rivers Tours For a wonderful and enlightening tour through scenic Sonoma County.
- Healdsburg Area Winery Tours For private tours of the Dry Creek, Russian River and Alexander Valley.
Why not catch a live performance while you're in town?
- Cinnabar Theater Petaluma's homegrown theater troupe
- Sixth Street Playhouse Home of the legendary Santa Rosa Players
- Occidental Community Choir Performing throughout the North Bay
Want to learn more about wine?
- Nat Decants FREE Wine E-Newsletter Wine picks, articles and humor from Natalie MacLean, named the World's Best Drink Writer at the World Food Media Awards in Australia. Natalie is also the author of Red, White and Drunk All Over: A Wine Soaked Journey from Grape to Glass.
- Sonoma County Wine Library has fantastic resources both online and in downtown healdsburg
- Wine Slob.org - Fine wine with a fine attitude - self described wine slob shares tasting notes, grape and wine variety information, wine related product and book reviews, and a directory of wine related resources.
- Travel Envoy Guide to Wineries - Comprehensive winery guide to vineyards across the world.
For your next visit to Southern California...
- Why not enjoy a scenic and relaxing Temecula Wine Tour? Destinationseek.com provides a listing of the best companies offering tours of the wine country, where you can view historic vineyards that dot the landscape and savor the fine wines they offer.
- Bike Tours of France Digngo offers unique and personalized bike tours throughout France
- Umbria Wine Tours provides luxury escorted food & wine tours in Umbria & Tuscany, Italy
- La Madelene Rhone Wine Holidays Discover Chateauneuf du Pape, Gigondas and the rest of the southern Rhone, choose from short breaks at a luxury 12th century Provencal priory or day tours.
- Tuscan Wine Tours - Small group and private tours of Tuscan wine region led by an expert local guide from Florence
- Burgundy on a Plate - Private guided wine tasting experiences in the Heart of France
- Mendozaholidays.com - A company is dedicated to the development of wine tours around Argentina as well as Chile.
- Bayberry House B&B - A fabulous bed and breakfast in Galway City, Ireland. For all the comfort of home!